A Wood's Lamp (or often Woods Lamp), also referred to as a Wood's Light, blacklight, or UV-A light, is a lamp that emits ultraviolet (UV-A) light in the 320~400 nanometer range (peak wavelength 365 nanometer) and very little visible light. Black lights are essential when UV-A light without visible light is needed to observe fluorescence, the colored glow that many substances emit when exposed to UV.
- 30 UV LEDs are mounted in a circle around the central glass lens.
- All light emitters are covered with black glass filter.
- Detect trace amounts of fluorescence through built-in magnifier lens.
- Magnifier lens allow to protect the eyes of personnel working with the device.
- Powered by a single 18650 rechargeable li-ion battery